NEWS ABOUT WESTMONT LIVING
The Dixon Family announced today that they have partnered with Westmont Living to develop and operate The Mariposa at Ellwood Shores, an 85 bed assisted living and memory care community to be located in the heart of Goleta, at 190 Viejera Drive.
Working with the City of Goleta over the last seven years to entitle and permit the project, Oliver Dixon, a native of Santa Barbara, and his wife Kelly, have been committed to creating a residential community that would offer superior living, amenities, and personal care support for local seniors. The Dixons engaged Hochhauser Blatter Architecture and Planning, a Santa Barbara firm with deep local and statewide experience in senior housing, to help to design, project manage and underwrite the project.
The last and most crucial step in realizing their vision was the Dixon family's choice to partner with Westmont Senior Living, a developer and operator of full service senior living communities throughout California and Oregon. Westmont embraces a philosphy that celebrates individuality, a healthy, vibrant lifestyle and a comforting inspiring place to call home-www.westmontliving.com. The Dixon family particularly responded to Westmont's commitment to understand the unique history of each community they serve, embracing those values and preferrences as part of their overall program.
Levels of care at Mariposa will include assisted living and memory care, as well as hospice care services. A farm to table menu will be offered in the main dining room and bistro. The activities and program will focus on meaningful ways to celebrate successful aging, and will include multiple opportunities for residents to continue to attend and participate in activities within the greater community of Goleta and Santa Barbara. Westmont Living's trademarked Compass Rose program will also assist residents challenged with memory loss to navigate a path that is life affirming and preserves functional independence. All parts of the Mariposa program will focus on empowering residents to live on their own terms.
Located on close to 3 acres, The Mariposa is designed as an inviting farm house with historical accents throughout, including deep covered porches, multiple landscaped courtyards, accessible gardens and raised planting beds for residents' use. Within the building, the Mariposa will include the latest in technological amenities, including WiFi throughout, a movie theater and computer lab, a discreet emergency response system, and a fitness program geared toward personalized achievement. Studio and one-bedroom apartments are designed to be barrier free and include private kitchenettes.
Classic car owners shared their meticulously maintained, pristinely painted, prized possessions with Summerfield Senior Living residents on Wednesday in Yuba City.
"You can see their faces when they see these cars that they're like, 'Wow, I used to drive one of them,'" said Richard Sinnott, who brought his red and white convertible 1956 Ford Fairlane. "I like for them to see the cars and go back in time and I like supporting the old folks home," said the Yuba City car collector, who also owns Studebakers. "I like to help the old folks out a lot because we're all going to be there some day."
"It brings back beautiful, wonderful times gone by. They were lovely times but hard times," said Doyle Daniel, 83, a Summerfield resident, who slowly walked up and down a line of 10 classic cars, ranging from the 1920s to 1970s. "Most of us can't get out and go look at these cars, so they brought them here to us. It's great."
"We've done this is to give back to the community and also to enrich the seniors' lives that live here in their community at Summerfield," said Summerfield Senior Living community relations director Janice O'Brien.
"We wanted to bring them back to the time when they were having fun and stimulate them."
Westmont Living recently acquired our newest community in the heart of downtown Escondido.
Westmont at San Miguel Ranch celebrated their Grand Opening
Westmont at San Miguel Ranch celebrated their Grand Opening! The community opened their doors to over 300 families, friends and guests during our official ribbon cutting ceremony. Their first residents have already started to move into the beautiful community located in San Miguel Ranch of Chula Vista. They still have a few apartments available for reservation. Call or stop by anytime to see this amazing new Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care community!
Westmont Living has been chosen to develop a senior housing development with the city of La Mesa
- Lakeview Senior Living residents traveled to the Heirloom Rose Garden just outside of Newberg, Oregon. We had a picnic lunch and strolled around the grounds. Since we were only 4 miles from Champoeg State Park, we went there as well, and walked through the museum and their 1820's garden. We followed this up by a trip to a huge produce stand, where everyone stocked up on fresh blackberries and raspberries, tomatoes and apples. View our photo album on Facebook.
- The Votes are in and Oceanview Senior Living has been voted "The Best Retirement/Assisted Living In Linoln County" by readers of the News Times. This is our third year in a row to receive this honor. March 7, 2012
- Westmont Living is excited to announce a Westmont Of Brentwood in Brentwood, California will be joining our family of communities on January 1, 2012! 12/20/11
- Westmont Living Executive Directors and Directors of Sales team members joined together this week for an exciting week of training at the Westmont of Morgan Hill Community! 9/2011.
- Westmont Living of Morgan Hill celebrates their Grand Opening with over 260 guests from the community. The red carpet was rolled out and the community was celebrating in style with a Hollywood theme. Delicious buffets throughout and a "star" performance from the team members of Westmont of Morgan Hill! 8/2011
- Westmont Living acquires the management of Pinole Senior Village in Pinole, California. We're excited to welcome the entire Pinole Senior Village team to our organization! 6/1/11
- Westmont Living acquires the management of Garden Park Villas in Escondido, California. We're very excited to have them join our family of communities! 6/1/11
- Nai Luu from The Inn at the Terraces wins CALA Excellence in Service Award. 03/2011
- Oceanview Senior Living is awarded Best Retirement/Assisted Living Facility in Lincoln County.